Handguns, whether revolvers or pistols, serve practical purposes for many people such as: concealed carry, personal and home protection, target shooting, competition and hunting. We do not stock as many handguns that we have in the past due to the gun law O’Malley passed when he was Governor in 2013. However, we will special order any gun that is available and legal in Maryland. We do stock some new, quality handguns such as Glock, Sig Arms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, Ruger and Taurus and other popular manufacturers. We also have many desirable second-hand collectables such as Colt Single Action Army handguns.
DAY WAITING PERIOD
To Purchase A Handgun In Maryland- HQL Required
Click HERE for Maryland State Police HQL requirements.
- The Handgun Qualification License is only needed for purchasing, transferring, or renting a regulated firearm after October 1, 2013.
- Active law enforcement officer or a person retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or a local law enforcement agency of the State are exempt to the possession of the HQL License.
- To apply for an HQL the law requires a fingerprint based background check.
- HQL not required for a black powder gun or a gun 50 years old or older.
- There is an 7 day waiting period.
- One handgun per month if you don’t have a collector’s license.
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR HQL YOU CAN GO ONLINE TO MAKE AN APPLICATION TO PURCHASE A HANDGUN. THEY WILL EMAIL YOU BACK A APPLICATION NUMBER AND PIN NUMBER. THIS IS GOOD FOR 90 DAYS. WITH THAT IN HAND YOU CAN COME TO THE SHOP AND PICK OUT THE GUN YOU WANT. WE ENTER THE GUN INFO AND YOUR 7 DAY WAITING PERIOD STARTS RIGHT THEN.